Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 14

Today's challenge is fairly easy. If you've read my blog for a while or heard me speak, you have problem heard me mention the suffering cycle before, whether I've called it that or not.

So here's how it works.

Think of a time when you have suffered.

Think of the ways in which you persevered during that suffering.

Think of the ways that character was developed through your perseverance.

Think of the ways in which the character that was produced gave you a sense of hope.

nuf said.

1 comment:

  1. I almost heard you speak! I'm friends with Phyllis Stevens and tried to get out to see you in Philly but just couldn't make it happen. If you come back, I will be there no matter what!

    The suffering cycle is difficult, but I like it. It opens my eyes to the fact that I focus on the negative, rather than the positive when it comes to looking at myself. It's easier for me to look at my shortcomings instead of acknowledging how strong, compassionate, etc. I am as a result of certain situations.

    This is a really powerful tool, and I'm going to think about it some more.

    ReplyDelete